AFO Tax Information
Name: Architecture Foundation of Oregon
Address: PO Box 40230, Portland, OR 97240
Federal Tax ID#: 93-0822389
Status: 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
2022 Impact Report
Ways to Give
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, AFO relies on the contributions of our community to support our mission in creating awareness of and access to our designed environment through education, engagement and inspiration.
Your gift allows us to fulfill the AFO mission by:
- Investing more in the shared priorities of the design and building community
- Recognizing and supporting our state’s most innovative leaders in design and the
community-centered projects they are championing
- Building partnerships to support projects and initiatives which build stronger, equitable communities across the state
- Working with our partners to develop a statewide pipeline for inspiring, supporting and training a more diverse community of design, architecture, engineering and construction professionals in Oregon
- Developing a strong, sustainable team of staff, board, and volunteers that is rooted in equity and inclusion
There are many ways to contribute to AFO’s success! Scroll down to explore different ways to give.
- Assures that AFO can meet increasing demand from classroom teachers throughout Oregon for its award-winning 6-week Architects in Schools program
- Sustains and creates AFO Scholarships for Oregon architecture students
- Connects students with design opportunities and resources on our Oregon Student Opportunities Hub
- Supports internship and mentorship initiatives for aspiring architects, designers, engineers and construction professionals
The best way to contribute to AFO’s success is to become involved as a member so that you can enjoy all that our organization has to offer. Members are sustained donors that choose to gift monthly, quarterly, or annually. You can become a member individually or as a firm. Corporate memberships allow everyone at a company to enjoy the benefits.
AFO offers ways for your company to gain visibility through a range of successful events that create valuable networking and inspiration for your colleagues and clients. Contact Susan Myers at email@example.com to create a mutually beneficial partnership.
Champions of Design Access
Become a Champion of Design Access by making a major, sustained gift to AFO! Major gifts are the cornerstone of success for AFO’s strategic plan. To become a Champion of Design Access, support AFO programs and goals through a multi-year major gift commitment at levels including $5k, $10k, $25k or $50k over the next five years.
Champions of Design Access receive:
- Invitation to Honored Citizen Patron Party
- Recognition in and receipt of Annual Impact Report
- Special invitation to Architects in Schools exhibition tour
- Free admission to AFO’s Bob Frasca Community Events
- Subscription and recognition in AFO monthly e-newsletter
- Recognition on AFO website
- Discount on Honored Citizen and REFRESH tickets
As AFO’s work has continued since 1981 beyond the initial founders, so too can your contribution to our work. Legacy gifts, or planned gifts, are an excellent way to ensure AFO’s long-term success so that the great work we do that you care about can continue. Your gift can be used directly to support the work that AFO carries out in Oregon, or you may establish a permanent fund.
Please consult AFO’s Executive Director, Erica Rife, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details on how to customize a charitable fund to meet your goals. We recommend discussing with your estate planner or tax manager to name AFO in your planned giving.
AFO’s Endowment Fund at The Oregon Community Foundation provides long-term stability for our high-impact, collaborative programs. Current efforts provide revenue to cushion critical programs against year-to-year economic uncertainties and allow us to serve students, teachers, grantees and communities throughout Oregon without disruption.
Employer Matching Gifts
Double your impact by enlisting in your company’s matching gift program! Many companies will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees.
To inquire about matching gifts, contact your human resources office, fill out the provided form, and mail it to our address.
Architecture Foundation of Oregon
PO Box 40230
Portland, OR 97240
Then, when making your donation, enter your employer’s information. We will add your organization to our participating matching gift partners!
Thank you to our existing matching gift partners:
- Hoffman Construction Co.
- JE Dunn Construction
- Lease Crutcher Lewis
- ZGF Architects
Donor Advised Fund
Consider supporting the Architecture Foundation of Oregon through your Donor Advised Fund! Donor Advised Funds are a simple and efficient way to direct your charitable giving to AFO.
When you have directed funds to AFO, please let us know who to thank by including your name and address with your gift!
Little Designers: Sea of Dreams
Written by Kelli Stewart, an Architect at DLR Group, Little Designers: Sea of Dreams will introduce your little designers to the collaborative process of designing a building. The independently published book was made possible by the Personal Development Grant program at DLR Group.
Proceeds from the book go to AFO with the goal of supporting equity and diversity in the profession.
Expand Your Impact Statewide
Include the Oregon Cultural Trust in your giving to AFO for extended impact to all of Oregon’s cultural initiatives!
The Oregon Cultural Trust serves as an ongoing funding engine for arts, heritage, and humanities across the state through a robust grant program. The grants are funded exclusively by Oregonians who participate in the Oregon Cultural Tax Credit.
No other state in the union has this incredible benefit. Lucky Oregonians!
To participate in the Cultural Tax Credit, first make a donation to AFO, then match it with a gift to the Cultural Trust. The donation to the Trust qualifies you for a 100 percent state tax credit in that amount; the tax credit limit is $500 for individuals, $1,000 for couples filing jointly and $2,500 for class-C corporations.